Whenever Taco Tuesday rolls around, cauliflower tacos come to mind. Not only are cauliflower tacos easy to make, but they require 4 simple ingredients. And, nothing tastes better on cauliflower Tacos than a delicious vegan avocado-cilantro cream. So, this Tuesday, step on the adventurous side and try this fabulous vegan cauliflower recipe.
When I thinking about the perfect "meat" replacement for tacos, cauliflower comes to mind. Similar to broccoli, cauliflower, absorbs flavors like a sponge. Once roasted, cauliflower soaks up any marinade or seasoning without using any oil.
First, homemade taco seasoning tastes best, but my favorite vegan taco seasoning version is Neat Whole Food Plant-Based Mexican Mix.
MAKING HOMEMADE TACO SEASONING FOR CAULIFLOWER TACOS
- Chili powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Cayenne pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO ROAST CAULIFLOWER WITHOUT USING ANY OIL
One of the best ways to make the seasoning stick to vegetables is to get it wet by rinsing it before cooking.
For instance, I cut the cauliflower into florets, and place it in a colander and rinse thoroughly.
As a result, the water provides a way for the seasoning to stick to the cauliflower without oil.
Once rinsed, I lay the cauliflower flat or a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper and sprinkle the taco seasoning generously over the wet cauliflower.
Another way to get the cauliflower to stick is to place the wet cauliflower into a bowl and toss the cauliflower in the seasoning.
- Roast in a 400-degree oven for 35 minutes
- Or for an air-fry option, cook in a single layer at 370 degrees for 15minutes
HOW TO MAKE AVOCADO-CILANTRO CREAM
In order to make the secret sauce for the Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Cream, all you need is an avocado, cilantro, limes, and some seasoning. That's it!
- Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender. I love my Nutri-bullet for this recipe!
As a side note, this makes great salad dressing as well!
OTHER GREAT TOPPINGS FOR CAULIFLOWER TACOS
Additionally, I topped my cauliflower tacos with Pickled Red Onions, which added the perfect tanginess.
- Vegan Sour Cream
- Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Pico de Gallo Recipe
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Micro-greens (my favorite)
- Raw onions
Then, grab some corn tortillas, a head of cauliflower, a large bunch of cilantro, and some limes. In addition, I provided two easy ways to heat your corn tortillas!
CORN TORTILLAS (WARMING)
- In the Microwave, put five or fewer tortillas on a microwavable plate and cover them with a damp paper towel.
- Microwave in 30-second bursts until they are warmed through. Repeat in batches of five tortillas until all your tortillas are warm.
- In the oven, wrap a stack of five or fewer tortillas in a packet of aluminum foil and put it in a pre-heated 350° oven for 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
- You can do multiple packets of five tortillas, each all at the same time.
IF YOU LOVE TACOS AND TACO TUESDAY, CHECK OUT THESE TACO RECIPES
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Tacos
- Roasted Broccolini and Sweet Potato Tostados
- Vegan Crunch Wrap Supreme
- Potato Tacos
- Walnut Meat Tacos
- Tofu Tacos
- Lentil Tacos
- Tempeh Tacos
- Sweet Potato Tacos
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂