When I make an Asian Salad or my Grilled Asian Sesame Tofu with Vegetable Slaw, I always make my peanut Thai dressing recipe. In fact, peanut Thai dressing goes well with Vegan Stir Fry or Vegan Thai Veggie Noodle Bowl as well.
This peanut dressing, without a doubt, is simply irresistible.
Peanuts especially mixed with fresh lime juice, a few dips of spicy sriracha, and fresh ginger root screams Thai flavors. Not only is peanut Thai dressing perfect for salads and stir-fries, but I even add it to my a baked potato or as a sauce inside a sandwich.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN PEANUT THAI DRESSING?
- 1/4 cup homemade peanut butter, almond butter (or peanut butter of choice) or 4 Tablespoons PBfit Peanut Butter Powder
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/8 cup water
VARIATIONS FOR USING PEANUT DRESSING FOR DIFFERENT RECIPES
- If the dressing feels too thick, thin it with water until you reach your preferred consistency.
- In order to add a spicier kick to the peanut Thai dressing, add more red chili flakes to taste.
- To make this peanut Thai dressing a dip or spread, reduce the amount of water. Also, be aware, it thickens in the refrigerator.
- For a healthy peanut Thai dressing, use all-natural peanut butter with no added sugar.
- And, if you want a lower-fat peanut Thai dressing, use PBfit Peanut Butter Powder.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT THAI DRESSING RECIPE
With just a few simple pantry items, you can make this easy dressing all in a high-speed blender.
If you are interested in making your own homemade peanut butter, all you need is salted peanuts and a food processor. Believe it or not, all you have to do is put the peanuts, and only the peanuts, in the food processor on high until smooth. When you make your own peanut butter at home, it doesn't have any sugar, preservatives, or added oil. But, remember to refrigerate homemade peanut butter to keep it fresh.
As far as making the dressing, simply put all the ingredients in the blender, and blend until smooth. As a result, it will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator, if it lasts that long 🙂
OTHER RECIPES TO USE PEANUT THAI DRESSING
First, I love peanut dressing on Asian Salad!
Another great idea is as a sauce for Zoodle Pad Thai Recipe.
In addition, I love this dressing on Vegan Stir Fry.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂