Although I think I have tried every store bought vegan cream cheese, I have never found one I like. Despite my efforts, I am always left with an after taste that leaves me disappointed. So, i decided to make my own skinny vegan cream cheese.
In an effort to experiment with many different mixes of ingredients, I think I found a combination that tastes like cream cheese with only 4 simple ingredients. In fact, I have posted my Carrot Lox and Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel recipe before, but this time you can pick your flavors.
First, I love Dave’s Everything Bagels , and Trader Joe’s Everything Seasoning. So, I decided to combine my two loves into one fabulous breakfast. In order to make the perfect bagel, I had to come up with a thick and creamy skinny vegan cream cheese.
Another wonderful thing about this recipe is its versatile as a base, making it easy to give it any flavor you want. For instance, is you like your cream cheese fruity, blend with fresh fruit and a little vanilla. If you like it savory, simply add everything bagel seasoning. Then, the possibilities are endless.
Then, you can turn your bagel into a skinny vegan cream cheese open-faced veggie sandwich. To do this, simply pick your favorite bagel toppings. For example, I used spinach, tomato, red onion, capers and everything bagel seasoning.
As you can see, the possibilities are endless. And if you are worried about the calories, Skinny Vegan Cream Cheese is made from raw cashews; no different than smear of nut butter.
If you like this recipe, try my Carrot Lox and Vegan Cream Cheese Bagel.
Make your own scrumptious vegan cream cheese with a variety of flavor options. With only 4 ingredients, you can have cream cheese in minutes.
- 1 cup raw cashews softened (soaked overnight)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1/4 teaspoons salt or to taste
- Rinse and drain soaked cashews
- In a small bowl food processor, add the cashews and the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend until smooth; scraping the sides down and blend again
- It will thicken more in the refrigerator.
- Lasts 7 days in a covered container.
POSSIBLE FLAVOR VARIATIONS
- Dill and onion:1/4 cup dill and 1/8 cup diced red onion or yellow onion
- Garlic and Chive: 2 Tablespoons minced garlic and 1/8 cup chopped chives
- Pepper: 1 Jalapeño and 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- Pumpkin: Omit the water from the base recipe. Blend in 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, 1 Tablespoon maple syrup and 1/2 can pumpkin puree.
- Strawberry: Blend in 1/2 cup strawberries, and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 teaspoons maple syrup. Stir in extra diced strawberries after blending.fresh strawberries
- Spicy: 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
Keywords: vegan cream cheese, cream cheese, skinny cream cheese, cashew cream cheese, plant based cream cheese, everything bagel seasoning, everything bagels, strawberry cream cheese