Although you can tell from my blog, I don’t have a big sweet tooth,my husband does! In fact, I often find candy wrappers in the laundry, and I know they aren’t mine. Sometimes, he even tries to blame the dog. I am a savory girl; I’ve never met a french fry, pizza or nacho I didn’t like. But Vegan Pumpkin “Crack” Dip is actually pretty fabulous, if I do say so myself.
So, being a good wife, I sometimes splurge and make dessert to keep the candy wrappers at bay. Every Fall, my girlfriend Kim makes pumpkin dip she calls Pumpkin “Crack.” Obviously, the “crack” indicates its addictive component. Of course, Kim serves her pumpkin “crack “with equally addictive ginger snap cookies.
Unfortunately, original pumpkin crack is 100% fat, full of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff. Since I enjoy a challenge, I decided to try to ‘veganize’ it. Despite it still not being the most healthy dish I’ve ever made, Vegan Pumpkin “Crack” Dip tastes exactly the same as the real version but completely vegan.
Also, I decided to serve with apples and vegan ginger snap cookies for those of you who want cookies instead.
As far as sugar is concerned, there are 6 grams of sugar per serving, so in my world, this is a Vegan Pumpkin “Crack” Dip treat!
Another one of my hubby’s favorite fall desserts is Healthy Vegan Apple Crisp with No Oil. Both recipes are great for Thanksgiving or any fall party.
Pumpkin “crack” dip is a vegan treat and fun fall dessert.
- 3 cups lite vegan whipped topping (1, 9 ounce tub). I used So Delicious Dairy Free Lite CocoWhip Coconut Whipped Topping
- 1 (5 ounce) packet vanilla instant pudding (1 packet) I used Vivian’s Live Again Vanilla Vegan Instant Pudding
- 1 (16oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Thaw your frozen dairy whip about 30-40 minutes
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Stir together
- Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons
- Calories: 75
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: .05 gram
Keywords: vegan pumpkin dip, vegan pumkin crack, vegan dip, pumpkin dessert, non-dairy whipped topping, vegan ginger snap cookies, vegan vanilla pudding