Everyone loves fried rice, but if you could eat Oil-Free Vegetable No Fried Rice, without the fat and calories of typical fried rice, would you? Not only is this dish fabulous, it is easy to make and quick! 10 minutes and done.
Although I try to plan ahead, sometimes life gets in the way. Everyone has those days when life creates obstacles, and dinner goes by the wayside. This was one such night.
Luckily, I make brown rice a head of time, so I opted for Oil-Free Vegetable No Fried Rice. I tried out my new Copper Chef Pan to sauté the onions and mushrooms. I simply added a bag of frozen organic peas and carrots. Then the rice and sauce. In 10 minutes, I made delicious, filling meal without any mess.
Eating in a hurry doesn’t have to include fatty take out, delivery, or fast food. A quality meal can be prepared in little time without sacrificing a healthy lifestyle.Print
Quick and easy no-fried vegetable rice takes little effort and packs a lot of flavor.
- 8 ounce package, sliced Baby Bellas or Other Mushrooms of Choice
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 12 ounce bag Frozen Organic Peas and Carrots
- 4 cups cooked Long-Grain Brown Rice
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (more if you like it spicy; less or none if you do not prefer spice)
Cooking the Rice:
- Add 2 cups of brown rice to 3 1/2 cups of water in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Do not disturb rice or peak at it. Leave it to cook it properly.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
Sautéing the Vegetables:
- Sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add Mushrooms, and cook until browned.
- Microwave carrots and peas for 5 minutes in bag (or follow directions on bag)
- Add to onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add to rice mixture after adding add vegetables and rice.
Putting it all Together:
- Add brown rice.
- Stir together.
- Add sauce and toss until everything is hot.
- Serve in a bowl with chop sticks or a fork.
Keywords: rice, vegetable rice, fried rice, vegan