My dad always ordered his salad with blue cheese dressing when I was a kid. Of course, I thought it was disgusting because of its cheese mold. I mean, who eats cheese mold? But then, I fell in love with buffalo sauce, and what goes with buffalo sauce? Vegan blue cheese dressing! Even though my vegan blue cheese doesn't taste like molding blue cheese dressing, it has the texture and consistency and goes excellent with buffalo anything.
My kids, especially my son, love my Vegan Ranch Dressing and my Vegan Southwest Dressing, but they always ask for vegan blue cheese dressing when I make Buffalo Tempeh. There is something about how the tang of the vegan blue cheese cools down the spice in our favorite vegan buffalo sauce.
MAKING VEGAN BLUE CHEESE DRESSING IS EASY
Depending on the plant-based type of lifestyle you follow, I have provided three options for the vegan blue cheese dressing base. For instance, I prefer to use my Vegan Cashew Mayo recipe, but I offer two other options for people who don't like nuts.
- Vegan cashew mayo, white beans, or Silken Tofu
- Extra Firm Tofu, pressed and crumbled with a fork
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Lemon Juice
- White Miso Paste
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Italian Parsley
THE PROCESS OF MAKING DELICIOUS VEGAN BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
First, I make the Vegan Cashew Mayo recipe, making 1 cup of vegan mayo. Since the recipe calls for ½ cup, I either use the other half a cup for another recipe or make half the recipe.
Then, I add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender, except for the extra-firm tofu and the Italian parsley. Although everyone pushes the Vitamix, I love my Nutri-bullet; I've had it for years, and it's less than half the cost of a Vitamix.
Next, press the tofu using the steps outlined in this post, Pressed Tofu for Grilling, Baking, Air-frying, or Cooking in a Skillet.
To press tofu correctly, for example, is to have a quality tofu press. But, again, there is no need to break the bank. My E-Z Tofu Press is inexpensive and durable. I've owned it for years.
Once the tofu is pressed, using a fork, crumble the tofu in a bowl with a texture that is similar to this:
Next, stir the crumbled tofu and the chopped fresh parsley into the blended mixture with a spoon, chill until ready to serve.
What does vegan blue cheese dip taste like?
Vegan blue cheese dip tastes very similar to regular blue cheese. The texture is creamy, and you can easily use it as a dip, dressing, or spread.
WHAT RECIPES GO WELL WITH VEGAN BLUE CHEESE DRESSING?
Blue cheese dressing is the perfect dip for Buffalo Tempeh or Buffalo Cauliflower Salad.
(Buffalo Cauliflower Salad)
Vegan Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ cup cashew mayo low-fat Vegenaise, or silken tofu
- ½ block extra firm tofu 7 ounces, dressed and crumbled with a fork
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Press tofu until 1 to ½ inch thick.
- Use only half the tofu block; store the rest to use for another recipe.
- Crumble tofu in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the other ingredients in a 1 cup or larger blender cup: Vegenaise or Silken tofu, Garlic, Maple Syrup, Lemon Juice, White Miso, Apple Cider Vinegar, and Tahini
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over crumbled tofu and add chopped parsley.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂