When I make a new salad recipe, I always think about dressing first. For me, the dressing is more important than the salad, only because the dressing brings all the ingredients together. Even though I love Vegan Ranch Dressing, easy vegan southwest dressing takes it a step further. Not only is vegan southwest dressing simply to make, it only has four ingredients.
As a result, I not only use vegan southwest dressing on my Vegan Taco Salad and chopped southwest salad, it is great for a variety of other recipes:
- Steak Fries Air Fried and Crispy
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Sweet Potato Tacos
- Skinny AF Sweet Potato Fries
- Zucchini Fries Vegan | Baked and Oil-Free
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Tempeh Tacos
- Vegan Lentil Tacos
- Mushroom Chorizo Tacos
- Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
WHAT ARE THE FOUR INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR VEGAN SOUTHWEST DRESSING
- Raw cashews
- Fresh salsa (your favorite salsa and flavor; some like it hot; some don't)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Lime Juice
- Water to thin if necessary (depends on chunkiness of salsa)
Not only is vegan southwest dressing easy to make, but it can be made ahead of time and keeps well in the refrigerator for 5 days. So, don't be shy; dip, dip away!
Vegan Southwest Dressing
- ¼ cup raw cashews soaked overnight, rinsed and drained. You can skip this step if you have a quality high-speed blender
- ½ cup fresh salsa of choice choose your favorite style and flavor
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- Water to thin if necessary; based on thickness and chunkiness of salsa chosen
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add water to thin if necessary.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂