As a kid, we ate ranch dressing like it was ketchup. We put it on everything from pizza to french fries, and even salad (haha). In fact, I think that's how my mom got us to eat vegetables when we were little. Unfortunately, like most kids, the ingredients in the ranch dressing had little to no meaning. But, regardless of the nasty ingredients and high calories, I love ranch dressing. In order to continue to indulge in my ranch obsession, I made my own version of vegan ranch dressing.
Even though I stopped eating ranch dressing long before being plant-based, I missed the creamy herb dressing I adored when I was young. Despite trying many store-bought vegan ranch dressings, they all had an after taste that didn't even come close to that Hidden Valley Ranch I loved.
Initially, I hoped I could just use the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix, but I was shocked to read the ingredients. Not only is it not vegan, but most of the ingredients are also unknown.
WHAT'S IN HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING?
According to the Hidden Valley Ranch Label, ranch dressing seasoning packet includes:
- Monosodium Glutamate
- Lactic Acid
- Calcium Lactate
- Citric Acid
- Calcium Stearate
- Artificial Flavor
- Xanthan Gum
- Natural Flavor
- Dried Milk
- Dried Soy
In other words, I ate processed goo for years and liked it. YUCK! So, let's make a healthy vegan ranch dressing with whole food ingredients we can pronounce. And, of course, make vegan ranch dressing taste way better than Hidden Valley's version.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED TO MAKE HOMEMADE VEGAN RANCH DRESSING?
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew pieces
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar I like rice vinegar
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
HOW TO MAKE AND STORE VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
- Place all ingredients except dill and parsley in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add chopped dill and parsley
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Lasts one week in the refrigerator......if it lasts that long.
MY FAVORITE WAYS TO EAT VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
First, I'm still obsessed with ranch dressing! So, with that being said, I use vegan ranch often for a variety of recipes.
- Drizzle over your favorite pizza or breadsticks
- Dip your oil-free french fries!
- Use vegan ranch on your favorite salads!
- Or dip your favorite quesadilla recipe into a dish of vegan ranch!
Regardless of what you like to dip, dip into a healthy whole foods version of my vegan ranch, and enjoy!
LOOKING FOR MORE REASONS TO DIP INTO VEGAN RANCH DRESSING?
- Skinny Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Cashew Ranch Dressing
- BBQ Cauliflower
- Skinny Cauliflower Nachos
- Skinny AF Sweet Potato Fries
- Skinny AF Loaded Chili Fries
- Steak Fries & Air Fried and Crispy
- Vegan Muffuletta Sandwich
- Crunchy Baked Zucchini Coins
- Skinny Girl Baked Onions Rings
- Zucchini Fries Vegan | Baked and Oil-Free
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂