I love dressings, and I am not willing to sacrifice taste for any reason. Over the years, I learned how to make delicious oil-free dressing recipes without compromising taste. For example, the carrot ginger dressing served at Asian restaurants is loaded with oils and sugar. So I went on a quest to make a carrot ginger dressing.
Carrots, for instance, are naturally sweet. Fresh ginger, however, is slightly sweet yet peppery. As a result, combining these two ingredients with the right mix makes a fabulous oil-free carrot ginger dressing.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED FOR CARROT GINGER DRESSING?
Not only is it important to have the right ingredients, but preparing the carrots and ginger are important. Because carrots and ginger are very firm, it is important to chop into small pieces before blending.
Another suggestion is to make you have a quality high-speed blender. For example, my Nutri-bullet is inexpensive, yet does the job well.
If you don't have a great blender, I suggest boiling the carrots and ginger together until al dente, before blending.
CARROT GINGER DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- White miso paste
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rice Vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Sesame Seeds (optional)
WHAT SALADS GO WELL WITH CARROT GINGER DRESSING?
Even though I could eat this dressing on any salad, typically carrot ginger dressing is used on Asian salads. But, feel free to use it as a veggie dip too.
- Vegan Poke Bowl Recipe
- Asian Coleslaw
- Grilled Asian Sesame Tofu with Vegetable Slaw
- Kale Asian Pasta Salad
- Sweet Potato Cakes
- Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
- Tofu Banh Mi
- Tofu Skewers
- Grilled Tofu
- Tofu Tacos
Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh ginger diced
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds optional
- Place all ingredients except the sesame seeds into a high-speed blnder.
- Blend on high until smooth
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- If you do not have a quality high-speed blender, boil the carrots and ginger until they are soft enough to be pierced with a fork.
- Drain and allow to cool completely
- Then, follow steps 1-3
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂