When I make pasta dishes, my priority is to include more veggies than pasta. As a result, I eat a little pasta and have a full plate of veggies in one sitting. In today's world, so many kinds of pasta exist the possibilities are endless. I love veggie pasta, pasta made from vegetables. So then, I added my favorite Meditterean ingredients to make a healthy Greek pasta salad. Not only is this salad full of veggies, but a healthy Greek pasta salad is easy to make.
First, preparing this salad in advance enhances the flavors. So, I made it the day before. Because I used kale as my base greens, it helps soften the kale because it absorbs the dressing. The salad is better the next day, so make extra, because leftover Greek pasta salad is the best.
WHAT KIND OF PASTA IS BEST FOR A HEALTHY GREEK PASTA SALAD RECIPE?
Although you can use any pasta noodles for this recipe, I used Wacky Mac Spiral Veggie Spirals made of beetroot, spinach, and tomato. Another reason I chose this particular noodle was because of its vibrant noodle colors with the vegetables. However, if you decide to use gluten-free noodles, rinse them thoroughly for this healthy Greek salad recipe and dress them, so they don't dry out quickly.
Another helpful hint is to run cold water over the noodles immediately after cooking. Also, be sure to move the noodles around to ensure all the noodles are cool. Then, remove any excess water by shaking the colander.
Once the pasta is cooled, and the excess water is removed, pour the pasta into a large bowl and prepare the other ingredients.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED FOR THE HEALTHY GREEK PASTA SALAD?
To create a greek pasta salad, I focused on typical ingredients in a vegan Greek salad. I also used the same hummus and lemon dressing in my Quinoa Greek Salad with OMG Oil-Free Dressing. The combination of hummus, lemon, and red wine vinegar is tangy and tart.
- Vegetable pasta,
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Grape tomatoes
- Artichoke hearts
- Banana peppers
- Red bell pepper
- Fresh dill
To cut my veggies all the same size, I always use my favorite kitchen tool, my Pro-Vegetable Chopper. As a result, I save a ton of time in the kitchen.
ADD ANOTHER LEVEL OF HEALTHY TO GREEK PASTA SALAD BY ADDING TOFU FETA CHEESE FOR EXTRA PROTEIN
Adding Tofu Feta Cheese to healthy greek pasta salad takes it to the next level of yum. So instead, I make Tofu Feta Cheese ahead of time, and it marinates in the Mediterranean flavors until it's time to serve.
All you need is a good tofu press and a few simple ingredients:
- Extra-firm tofu Pressed Tofu for Grilling, Baking, Air-frying, or Cooking in a Skillet
- Apple cider vinegar
- Yellow or white miso paste
- Sea salt
- Italian Seasoning
Another vital part of every healthy salad is an oil-free salad dressing. My favorite dressing I love to make is my Quinoa Greek Salad with OMG Oil-Free Dressing. It is simple, but it also tastes fabulous, mainly when the pasta noodles absorb the flavors of the dressing.
WHAT'S IN OMG OIL-FREE DRESSING USED FOR HEALTHY GREEK PASTA SALAD RECIPES?
- ½ cup hummus of choice (I used Engine Brand)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Add a little water to thin and adjust to your taste
As I do, if you meal prep, double the recipe, eat the Healthy Greek Pasta Salad for dinner, and pack it into containers to take for lunch during the week.
LOOKING FOR HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES TO ADD TO YOUR ROUTINE? WE HAVE YOU ALL HOOKED UP!
- Antipasto Salad
- Asparagus Salad
- Chinese Chicken Salad
- Spinach Strawberry Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Greek Orzo Salad
- Bean Salad
- Lentil Salad
- Tabouli Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad
- Mediterranean Couscous Salad
- 20 Great Vegan Recipes for Memorial Day
Healthy Greek Pasta Salad
- 8 pounces vegetable pasta cooked according to directions and cooled immediately. (or any pasta of choice)
- 1 large bunch kale approximately 5 cups, stem removed, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large English cucumber diced
- 1 red onion diced (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup Kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cup in halves
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water drained and diced
- ½ cup banana peppers
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 3 Tablespoons capers
- 4 Tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 15 ounces can of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- ½ cup hummus of choice I used Engine oil-free original
- The juice from 4 lemons ¼ cup
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
Tofu Feta Cheese (optional)
HEALTHY GREEK PASTA SALAD:
- Cook 8 ounces of vegetable rotini pasta or pasta of choice according to directions (mine required 9 minutes)
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water until room temperature
- Remove stems from the kale, and chop into bite-sized pieces
- Place kale in a large salad bowl
- Add cold pasta, chickpeas, red onion, tomatoes, olives, mild peppers, artichokes, bell peppers, capers, and cucumbers.
- Add dill
Tofu Feta Cheese
- Make the tofu feta cheese in advance and add it to the salad before serving
- In a large measuring cup, juice lemons.
- Add red vinegar and hummus of your choice.
- Add water to thin.
- Whisk together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture and toss several times, stirring the ingredients together to make sure everything is coated in dressing.
- Cover and place in a refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Best if the salad can rest in the dressing for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Great for leftover lunches.
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂