In Arizona, this week, the temperatures are high! Since I love salad, this week is a week of salads. When planning my meals this week, there was no way I was cooking using the oven. The oven outside it hot enough. So, today, I made a chopped Mexican salad. Even though I love all salads, my Vegan Mexican chopped salad recipe is so filling and the dressing is so simple, it makes a perfect cool summer night meal.
Without a doubt, chopped salads taste different than other salads. Simply put, Mexican chopped salad has a unique texture. Not only do the ingredients all fit on one fork in each and every bit, but chopped salads are portable. For instance, I can eat a chopped salad, while working without having to cut or attempt to search my salad for a great combination of ingredients. Instead, each delicious bite is full of all the ingredients in my bowl.
HOW TO MAKE A PERFECT CHOPPED SALAD EVERY TIME!
For instance, the goal of making any chopped salad is to chop all the ingredients into bite-sized pieces. For that reason, I use my vegetable chopper to make my vegetables the same size. For Mexican chopped salad, I used the larger chopping blade for all the vegetables except for the jalapenos. On the other hand, I chopped the jalapenos smaller, so to make them less overwhelming.
WHAT VEGETABLES AND OTHER INGREDIENTS ARE IN MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD?
- Romaine lettuce
- Red onion
- Red bell pepper
- Grape tomatoes
- Black Beans
WHAT DRESSING SHOULD I USE FOR MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD?
Although there are always options, I chose to make a simple dressing with lime juice, maple syrup, cumin, coriander, and garlic. The fresh ingredients, though simple, bring out the flavors and freshness of the vegetables. But, for those of you who prefer options, I suggest using my Vegan Southwest Dressing, or maybe my Vegan Ranch Dressing.
OTHER IDEAS FOR MEXICAN CHOPPED SALAD RECIPE
DO YOU LOVE VEGAN MEXICAN RECIPES? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Tofu Tacos
- Skinny Veggie and Pinto Bean Quesadilla
- Vegan Lentil Tacos
- Tempeh Tacos
- Mexican Lasagna
- Mexican Street Corn Vegan!
- Mexican Meatballs
- Tomatillo Salsa
- Fruit Salsa Recipe
- Sweet Potato Tacos
- Mushroom Chorizo Tacos
Mexican Chopped Salad
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper 1 cup chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn cooked
- 1 red onion chopped (1 cup)
- 2 jalapeños deseeded, and diced smaller than the other vegetables
- Jicama chopped ( 1 cup)
- 2 15 ounce cans black beans drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado diced (don't add until right before serving)
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Chop all ingredients in similar sizes, except the jalapeno
- Chop the jalapeno smaller, so it isn't overwhelming in the salad
- Place the chopped lettuce in the base of the bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss
- Do not add the avocado until right before serving, so it doesn't get brown
- Add all teh ingredients to the bowl of lettuce
- Whisk all ingredients together
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂