Tahini Roasted Cauliflower by far is one of the best dishes I have ever eaten. When I first visited Arizona, I was already plant-based and impressed with the variety of vegan restaurants. In fact, I have yet to eat at a restaurant that doesn’t cater to vegetarians and vegans alike.
But, the first time I ever went to True Food Kitchen, they offered so many vegan options, I had a difficult time deciding what to order. Since then, I have eaten at True Food Kitchen several times, and they change their menu seasonally. One of my favorite dishes, however, is this tahini roasted cauliflower recipe.
Although roasted cauliflower is versatile for a variety of dishes, tahini roasted cauliflower is in a league all its own.
Even though I wish I created this concoction myself, I didn’t. During one of my many trips to one of my favorite restaurants, True Food Kitchen, I ordered tahini roasted cauliflower.
Despite eating it several times, it took me a while to master the combination of ingredients to make it at home.
If you love cauliflower and tahini, this combination with dates and pistachios (or any nuts) will pique your interest. Together, the combination of sweet, crunchy, and savory is a marriage of flavors I’ve never eaten.
So, of course, I had to master my own at-home version of tahini roasted cauliflower.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED FOR TAHINI ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Even though I love going out for dinner, cooking at home, and sharing my recipes gives me a lot of pleasure.
Since True Food Kitchen is only in Arizona and California, I figured I should share this incredible dish with everyone, so we can all enjoy it.
Despite attempting to ask for the real recipe, I had to come up with my own version of tahini roasted cauliflower, which my husband claims I nailed.
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup Marcona almonds, pistachios, or nuts of choice (or omit if allergic to nuts or avoiding for dietary reasons)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
What are Marcona almonds? Marcona almonds are a type of sweet, gourmet almond from Spain that is very popular in Mediterranean countries.
Of course, it’s all about the tahini sauce, with a special ingredient:
TAHINI DRESSING FOR TAHINI ROASTED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup lemon
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Harissa (you may use 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes in place of Harissa)
THE STEPS FOR TAHINI ROASTED CAULIFLOWER ARE SIMPLE!
First, make sure you clean and cut the cauliflower florets into bite-sized pieces.
The cauliflower is actually cooked twice; first, it is roasted, then it is tossed with the dressing and other ingredients before it is cooked a second time. The second time is where all the magic takes place.
ROASTING CAULIFLOWER FOR TAHINI ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- After cleaning and cutting the cauliflower into bite-sized florets, place a single layer on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle with garlic powder
- Cook at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to the touch
The next step, however, is as simple as the first:
- Place cooled cauliflower in a medium-sized bowl
- Then add chopped dates, nuts of choice
- Add 3/4 of dressing
- Stir to coat cauliflower
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Bake again for 20 minutes
Then, my favorite part of the tahini roasted cauliflower recipe is to garnish with a generous portion of dill. Did I say how much I love dill? In fact, I think dill is my favorite herb.
Not only is tahini roasted cauliflower easy to make, but it also reheats well for lunch the next day.
As an appetizer, side dish, or entree, you will love this recipe as much as I do.
Of course, you can add roasted tahini cauliflower to a bowl of quinoa, brown rice, on top of noodles, or on top of a salad. But, I like it straight up with a fork!
IF YOU LOVE TAHINI ROASTED CAULIFLOWER, YOU WILL LOVE THESE RECIPES:
- Cauliflower Potato Soup
- BBQ Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Steaks
- Curried Cauliflower
- General Tso Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado-Cilantro Cream
- Skinny Cauliflower Nachos
- Buffalo Cauliflower Salad with Cashew Ranch Dressing
- Spicy Korean Baked Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Bisque Soup with Paprika and Chives
- Vegan Thai Curried Cauliflower Lentil Soup