Although we cleanse twice a year, detox lentil vegetable soup recipe keeps the cleansing going all year round. Obviously, the best detox is to stop putting harmful foods into your body. But, as we all know, we can't control everything other than what we put into our bodies.
A JUICE CLEANSE OR FOOD CLEANSE? WHICH IS BETTER?
For instance, in a previous post, To Cleanse or Not to Cleanse?, I explain why my husband and I juice cleanse twice a year, drinking only juice. The belief around detoxing is to deal with environmental exposure to toxins, gastrointestinal health, and autoimmune diseases, regardless of their origins. During the cleanse, one juice we love is celery juice, which is high in levels of vitamin C and K, and assists in digestion and detox.
OTHER WAYS TO BEGIN YOUR DAY WITH A HEALTHY CLEANSE
Also, I start each day with a cup of warm lemon water. All you need to do is squeeze fresh, organic lemon into a cup of warm water to get your digestion flowing. Another trick is to drink two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted in water to aid in healthy digestion. Both versions help get everything moving before you even begin your day. Regardless of your current diet, or health, detoxing provides an added health benefit to your diet.
HOW TO MAKE DETOX LENTIL VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE
Throughout the year, I also like to make soups, as well as salads and main dishes which contain cruciferous vegetables and leafy greens. Detox Lentil Vegetable Soup, for example, contains a combination of detoxifying vegetables with an organic vegetable broth. For this particular batch, I used celery, carrots, garlic, onion, spinach, ginger, and turmeric. As a result, each vegetable chose contributes to detoxification.
Health professionals claim cruciferous vegetables boost liver health through anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral effects. They’re also high in fiber, which encourages the excretion of toxins. Spinach, for instance, contains chlorophyll, which contains detoxifying plant pigment. Garlic and onions, for example, help boost your body’s ability to process food and eliminate waste.
Of course, lentils are high in fiber and protein, another added bonus to the digestion system.
As I have said many times, my crockpot is my LOVE appliance. not only does this soup taste fabulous, but I also make it in the crockpot, so it cooks while you work.
Since it's getting cold outside, detox lentil vegetable soup is the perfect soup to ward off germs and colds.
HEALTHY SOUP RECIPES ANYONE? WE HAVE YOU COVERED!
If you like this soup, you will love Very Veggie and Bean Soup and No Oil Rachel Ray Copy Cat Vegan Minestrone Soup! And if you are interested in a great detox salad, check out Vegan Rainbow Salad.
- Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Creamy Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Potato Soup
- Vegan Cream of Broccoli Soup
- Vegan Tortilla Soup
- Vegetable Barley Soup
- Vegan Carrot Soup
Detox Lentil Vegetable Soup
DETOX LENTIL VEGETABLE SOUP
- 2 cups organic carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups organic baking potatoes diced small)
- 1 ¾ red lentils or lentils of choice
- 2 cups organic celery diced small
- 1 organic white onion diced small
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 10 cups organic vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder or freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 1 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper leave out if you are sensitive to heat
- 6 cups organic spinach stems removed, chopped
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 2 organic lemons juiced; one lemon zested
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Place about 4 cups of soup in a blender or use an immersion blender(do not blend entire crockpot; instead blend for only a few minutes to keep half the soup chunky)
- Pulse gently until semi-smooth and creamy-looking.
- Add back to the crockpot and stir to combine.
- Stir in the kale and parsley.
- Turn the heat off and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- The taste gets better with time.
- Add red wine vinegar before serving if you like a little tang. ????
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂
Almarez, you're welcome. I hope you enjoy the detox soup recipe.
Can I mix the lentils? I don't have enough red.
Kae, Of course you can. They all cook at the same rate. I mix mine all the time. I also mix red and white quinoa when I have a little of both.
Love your recipes ! Fresh, innovative, no oils and all delish! As one who is "returning" to veganism, I find that time after time I refer to your blog more than any other . Hopefully a cookbook is on the way! Many thanks
Janice, you are so sweet! Thank you so much. I appreciate your comments and feedback. I am so glad you enjoy the recipes! And, I love you have returned to vegan eating. Please continue on your journey. You will LOVE the benefits of eating this way.