Although I love parties, I usually have to eat before I go, so I don't starve. I am sure all of you can sympathize. In order to solve that inevitable problem, I always bring at least one appetizer or main dish, so I can eat. Despite my diligence, I am shocked when my vegan food gets eaten before anything else on the table.
First, Greek Mini Bites are easy to make, and they make the perfect party appetizer. Not only are they bite sized, they are low in fat, and contain very few ingredients. They are also quite appealing on the plate.
Sometimes, I tell everyone the food I brought is vegan, so I make sure I get some. Other times, though, I leave it my little secret to see what happens. Interestingly enough, my Vegan Tangy Crock Pot Meatless Meatballs fool even the pickiest meat eater. Another popular appetizer that gathers the meat eaters, is my Skinny “Cheesy” Spinach Artichoke Dip…Fat Free and Fabulous, and of course my Vegan Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Appetizer.
So, the next time you go to a family party, where you wonder if you can eat, don't hesitate. Bring something you can eat, smile, and watch everyone gobble your appetizer first.
Greek Mini Bites...The Perfect Party Appetizer
- 1 sheet vegan pastry dough I bought mine at Whole Foods/freezer section
- 8 ounces of your favorite hummus I used Engine brand
- 10 grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 6 green onions chopped
- 10 Kalamata olives sliced in half
- 1 cucumber chopped into small cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degress
- Using a small round cookie cutter; cut 20 small rounds of dough
- Place each small circle on a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- Bake for 10 minutes (depending on the size of how big your cookie cutter is); watch to make sure they are just brown.
- Arrange on a tray, wrap and keep refrigerated until taking to your party.
- Everyone LOVED the Greek Minis; vegans and carnivores alike!
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂