Whenever I'm in a hurry, I love making one-pot pasta recipes with minimal mess in under 20 minutes. Today, I make a one-pot enchilada pasta recipe that turned out exactly as planned. Even though I love my Vegan Enchiladas, enchilada pasta is quick and easy and a family favorite.
So, on those busy nights, instead of grabbing an unhealthy quick fix, make enchilada pasta in under 20 minutes.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN ENCHILADA PASTA RECIPE?
Let's keep it simple with regular pantry ingredients, as well as vegetables of course.
- Rigatoni pasta or pasta of choice (gluten-free pasta works as well)
- White onion
- Red bell pepper
- Jalapeño pepper
- Fire-roasted tomatoes
- Prepared lentils (I used half a package of Trader Joe's steamed prepared lentils)
- Black beans
- Taco seasoning
- Vegetable broth
BLACK BEANS & LENTILS FOR A PROTEIN STRONG ENCHILADA PASTA
One cup (172 grams) of cooked black beans contains roughly (31):
- Calories: 227
- Protein: 15.2 grams
- Fiber: 15 grams
- Folate (vitamin B9): 64% of the RDI
- Manganese: 38% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 28% of the RDI
- Iron: 20% of the RDI
Furthermore, black beans may also help reduce the spike in blood sugar that occurs after eating a meal, which may help reduce the risk of diabetes and weight gain.
Lentils, on the other hand, are a great source of vegetarian protein and can be great additions to soups and stews. They may also have a number of health benefits (14).
One cup (198 grams) of cooked lentils contains roughly (15):
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 17.9 grams
- Fiber: 15.6 grams
- Folate (vitamin B9): 90% of the RDI
- Manganese: 49% of the RDI
- Copper: 29% of the RDI
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 22% of the RDI
Similar to chickpeas, lentils can help reduce blood sugar compared to other foods.
ENCHILADA PASTA COOKS ONE-POT IN UNDER 20 MINUTES
Instead of cooking the pasta in a separate pan, everything goes in one pot together. And one pot means minimal mess.
- In a large pot, saute garlic and onions until translucent
- Add red bell peppers and jalapenos and saute
- Then, add black beans, lentils, fire-roasted tomatoes
- Now, add dry pasta
- Top with 6 cups of vegetable broth and bring to a boil
- Add 1 package taco seasoning
- Stir everything together
- Cover the pot and reduce to simmer
- Simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove the cover and stir again; replace the cover.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes; sauce thickens upon standing
LOOKING FOR EASY ONE-POT PASTA RECIPES? CHECK THESE OUT!
- One-Pot Tomato Basil Pasta
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Spicy Vegan Sausage Pasta
- Pesto Pasta with Mushrooms
- Vegan Cajun Pasta
- Vegan Jambalaya Recipe Quick, Easy and Spicy
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂