When I'm craving Greek food, I often think of making my favorite a Greek quinoa bowl. Similar to my Quinoa Greek Salad with OMG Oil-Free Dressing, Greek quinoa bowl recipe combines raw and roasted vegetables. In fact, the vegan Greek bowl recipe is one of my favorites meals.
HOW TO MEAL PREP TO SAVE MONEY AND TIME FOR GREEK QUINOA BOWL RECIPE
Greek quinoa bowl, similar to other recipes, need some planning. In fact, I plan out my recipes in diagrams on paper before I make them.
As a result, my notes help me visualize what I plan to cook. I also create lists, for instance, when I meal plan for the week. Although I sometimes switch up the days I make a particular meal, organizing and planning my meals helps me save money and time. When I plan out meals, like Greek quinoa bowl, I focus on specific ideas:
- Vegetables in season are cheaper and fresher
- Planning allows for a better balance of foods to focus on better nutrition
- Prevents unused food from spoiling and throwing produce away
- Helps to avoid buying unneeded food
- A great way of maintaining a healthy weight.
ROASTED VEGETABLES FOR GREEK QUINOA BOWL
- 1 15 ounce can artichokes in water, drained
- 4 large beets, peeled, cut into bite-sized pieces and roasted
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 8 ounces fingerling potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch coins
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion sliced, or Simple Rosemary Infused Pickled Red Onions (I used pickled onions)
- 6 cups organic arugula
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives
HOW TO ROAST BEETS FOR THE GREEK QUINOA BOWL
In order to perfectly roast beets, all you need is some aluminum foil and a little time. Despite the belief that oil must be used, I successfully roast beets without any oil all the time.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 1/2-inch chunk. (Small beets can be halved, medium ones cut in quarters, and large beets cut in eighths.)
- Wrap the cut beets in aluminum foil and sprinkle with salt, and pepper.
- Then, place an aluminum foil packet on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, flipping the aluminum foil package over once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and immediately toss with the vinegar and orange juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Actually, all the vegetables and chickpeas can all be roasted together on one pan.
The cucumbers, arugula, onions, tomatoes, and olives remain cold for contrast in the Greek quinoa bowl. As a result, I place the cold ingredients on one side and the hot on the opposite side of the bowl.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THE OMG OIL-FREE DRESSING FOR GREEK QUINOA BOWL?
DRESSING: OMG OIL-FREE DRESSING
- 1/2 cup hummus of choice (I used Engine Brand)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 3 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
In addition, I added warm red quinoa to the Greek quinoa bowl recipe for the grain component. Furthermore, the quinoa and arugula together have a nutty, peppery flavor that is enhanced by the lemony hummus dressing.
Another idea to add more protein to the Greek quinoa bowl, try my Tofu Feta Cheese!
IF YOU LOVE THE GREEK QUINOA BOWL, TRY THESE ONE BOWL MEALS
- Vegan Poke Bowl Recipe
- Vegan Thai Tahini Veggie Noodle Bowls
- Harvest Bowl
- Lucky Dragon Bowl
- Thai Curry Noodle Bowl
- Vegan Panang Curry Noodle Bowl
Hi! My name is Kathy, I am a retired high school English teacher & vegan enthusiast and blogger. My entire blog is fully plant-based vegan. I truly believe what we eat & how we live determines our health & the preservation of our planet! 🙂